VOMK is seeking a full-time project manager based in Jeongneung to coordinate and administer our Chinese language work, including field projects, training events, publishing, social media, and website.
Voice of the Martyrs Korea, a Seoul-based Korean Christian NGO, has a full-time permanent staff opening for a paralegal to assist with the following:
1. Act as liaison with outside legal counsel.
2. Research and report to the leadership team on Korean employment law developments and recommend appropriate changes to VOMK policies and practices.
3. Research and report to the leadership team on legal and political developments in Korea impacting the organization and its work and interests.
4. Research and report to the leadership team on corporate and employee tax, benefit, and wage questions.
5. Negotiate and manage property leases, property purchases, and other capital and large purchase contracts.
6. Manage insurances on all properties and vehicles.
7. Address legal issues and potential legal issues related to VOMK properties.
8. Advise on and assist with accounting issues with legal implications.
9. Respond to non-court related legal matters, fines, and inquiries.
10. Handle required periodic legal filings.
11. Maintain corporate legal records.
12. Develop and manage the employee personnel manual and policies.
13. Act as compliance officer on public health, safety, and data collection issues.
14. Conduct legally mandated staff trainings (currently 5) in, e.g., sexual harassment, personal information, security.
15. Complete work-related (i.e., non-recreational) passport and visa applications for VOMK staff.
16. Draft employment and contractor contracts, housing agreements, disciplinary notifications, severance agreements, and other employment related documentation; assist in record maintenance.
17. Act as liaison on field projects involving legal defense and/or advocacy.
18. Act as liaison for religious asylum cases VOMK is supporting in Korea and abroad.
19. Other work as assigned.
Key Requirements: 1. Mature, active Protestant Christian
2. Appropriate degree from a recognized university
3. Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in legal practice
4. Mastery of research skills in diverse topic areas
5. Organizational aptitudes, especially in project management
6. Technological competence
7. Emotional intelligence
8. Strong skills in interpersonal, written, and formal presentations
9. Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a highly-structured team environment
10. Ability to work in a high-pressure environment for a controversial Christian organization
11. Bilingual English/Korean
Position is located in the Jeongneung neighborhood of Seoul. Housing is provided in community apartments on a space-available basis for qualifying permanent employees.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and request a VOMK employment inquiry form from Kim Ga-Young Siljangnim at [email protected].
More information about Voice of the Martyrs Korea may be found at www.vomkorea.com,
The Volunteer Team (VT) Coordinator is one of four coordinators at Voice of the Martyrs Korea (VOMK) who help the ministry’s donors, newsletter readers, and social media subscribers to live out Hebrews 13:3 by providing information about VOMK, sharing the stories of persecuted Christians and their overcoming faith, thanking donors for their gifts, and overseeing volunteers at VOMK’s offices. The VT Coordinator communicates with donors extensively every day via phone, e-mail, and SNS, travels to represent VOMK at church events, updates VOMK’s database, writes reports, gives tours at VOMK’s offices, and supervises volunteers on VOMK projects.
We are hiring a full-time Facilities and Vehicles Coordinator to maintain our office and residential properties and our vehicles (SUVs, RVs, and trucks) in Jeongneung, Daejeon, and Jeju. Applicant must have 3-5 years of experience in related work. Responsibilities include performing basic property and vehicle maintenance and upkeep, arranging for and overseeing repairs, troubleshooting and problem solving, written and verbal communication with landlords, tenants, insurance companies, and property neighbors; and negotiating and executing contracts for leases, insurances, and equipment purchases. The position may be based at either our Jeongneung or Daejeon offices, and regular travel to Jeongneung, Daejeon, Jeju, and other areas of Korea is required. Some lifting and moving is required, so applicants should be able to verify their physical suitability for the position. A driver’s license and driving experience is required, for vehicles and small trucks, with RV certification preferred. Organization is an evangelical Christian ministry where all staff are required to pray, sing, and maintain Christian standards of conduct at all times. Interested applicants should send their resume to [email protected] and be prepared to complete an inquiry form.
The Comm Team Coordinator shall be responsible for the following:
a.) Written and spoken translation
b.) Assisting with website, social media, and newsletter development.
c.) Assisting with publishing efforts (book design, printing, permissions, ISBN acquisitions, promotion, sales, distribution).
d.) Communicating with constituents through SNS.
e.) Responding to inquiries from the public.
g.) General Office duties including but not limited to word processing; database management; subscriber list maintenance; answering phone and email; office cleaning and maintenance; food preparation and cleanup; light furniture moving.
h.) Regular additional project responsibilities as assigned by the Employer, including but not limited to participation in the organization’s work with North Korean defectors.
i.) Assisting with champion development.
j.) Assisting with public relations.
k.) Assisting with event planning, promotion, and coordination.
l.) Representing the organization at events.
m.) Other tasks as directed by the Employer.
Voice of the Martyrs Korea operates two weekly schools for North Korean defectors. These include Underground Technology (UT) (a discipleship program for learning basic Christine doctrine, knowledge and habits in accordance with traditional Christianity) and Underground University (UU) (A missionary training school for North Korean defectors to be missionaries who operate according to the missionary methods of the underground church). We are recruiting ministers to serve together at these two schools to disciple North Korean defectors to be doers of God’s word. Speakers of both Korean and English preferred. We are looking for ministers who, even if they are unable to speak English, are hoping to continue learning on an ongoing basis. Drivers with type 1 driver’s license preferred. We are looking for ministers who are living in Daejeon. Duties include administration ministries related to the schools, student visitation and management, preparing for and leading class, event planning and preparation. After a period of regular training, ministers undertake lecturing, training, and various evangelism trips.
Related ministries: UT, UU, Discipleship
VOM Korea is accepting applications for the Japan Coordinator position. The coordinator would be responsible for learning and sharing the stories of persecuted Christians with Japanese speaking people around the world. The coordinator will translate stories and news items from English to Japanese, and then share those stories through relationships built with the media and churches. English proficiency, excellent computer skills and a bachelor’s degree are required. Korean language proficiency, and a master’s degree are preferred but not required. Position is full-time from Tuesday to Saturday.
Provide day-to-day oversight of the publishing company, including print, digital, and audio projects in all language groups, from content acquisition through editorial development, production management, promotion, distribution, customer tracking, licensing, reporting, sales analysis, legal work, and mission deployment.
1. Resume – Please submit your resume to the e-mail address below. After reviewing, Voice of the Martyrs Korea may send you an inquiry form.
2. Inquiry Form – Please return the filled inquiry form as fast as possible and, if possible, in English.
3. Interview – Multiple interviews may be conducted as the situation requires. In case of translation work, translation tests may also be conducted.
4. References – References will be required from former employers and local church.
5. Acceptance upon final review.